For Norwegian Travel and its daughter companies, sustainable tourism is the red thread through all our operations. As part of our comprehensive work on sustainability and responsible tourism, we are Eco-Lighthouse certified, implementing high sustainability standards and routines throughout our organization.
In short, this means that we follow the UNWTO definition of Responsible Tourism which goes like this: "Tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social, and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment, and host communities".
We care for our people and local communities, nature, and wildlife, while at the same time developing a professional industry. We are very excited about receiving this certification, and to keep responsibly developing the tourism industry.
For us, this means being responsible socially, environmentally, and economically.
Social Responsibility – People
In Norwegian Travel we see and care for each other, make a difference, and think of those who come after us.
- We seek to have healthy working relationships with our staff, customers, and the communities where we operate.
- We follow laws and guidelines to ensure a healthy working environment and offer fair and equal salaries to our staff.
Environmental Responsibility – Nature & Animals
Visitors from all over the world come to us to experience clean and almost untouched nature. It is our foremost resource, and we shall take care of it.
- We leave gentle footprints and seek to preserve natural areas, wildlife, and habitats, and minimize impact.
- Animals are our four-legged colleagues, and we practice within responsible animal tourism guidelines.
- We minimize our carbon footprint, are resource efficient, and work towards being a leader in environmental responsibility within the travel industry.
Economical Responsibility – Company
Our most important value is precisely to create value. For our owners, colleagues, customers, and the local community we have the pleasure of being a part of.
- We focus on sustainable growth that leads to all-year-round operations and gives value to everyone in the supply chain.
- We are developing tourism in Norway towards a professional, economically viable industry.
To work in Norwegian Travel is to be part of a unique journey with others. It commits and sets high standards on how individuals and teams work with each other and all those we meet on our voyage. Our values are in the heart, mind, and bones of every one of us.
Create value, be genuine, and care for each other.