The following privacy notice describe how Norwegian Travel, The Norwegian Travel company AS, The Arctic Travel Company AS and its subsidiaries process and collect your personal data. All references to “we” and “us” in the following refer to Norwegian Travel, The Norwegian Travel company AS, The Arctic Travel Company AS and its subsidiaries.
What types of personal data do we use?
DATA PROVIDED BY YOU
- Contact data, such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number
- Order data, such as purchased activities and accommodation, payment information
- Communication data, such as when you contact us by email for customer support or otherwise communicate with us
- Travel information, such as time of travel, health information related to disability or allergies
- Corporate data, such as job title and company affiliation
When bookings are made by our business customers, we may collect the above mentioned data from our customers, such as your employer.
DATA COLLECTED ABOUT YOU
- Technical data, such as web browser, operating system, data on the type of pc/mobile device, language on your browser and IP address
- Usage data, such as time for visiting our website, time on website, clicks, navigations, information about where you have entered our websites from and chat logs if you use our chat function
- Location data, such as data on your location when visiting our website
Why do we use your personal data?
We collect and process personal data about you for the following purposes:
1) To manage and fulfil your orders. For this purpose, we typically use contact data and order data.
2) To provide customer service and handle potential claims. For this purpose, we typically use contact data, order data and communication data.
3) For bookkeeping purposes. For this purpose, we typically use order data.
4) For marketing purposes (sending you newsletters and digital marketing on our websites). For this purpose, we typically use contact data, usage data and location data
5) To provide access to our site and improve the user experience and our services. For this purpose, we typically use technical data, usage data and location data.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data for purpose 1 and 2 is that it is necessary to fulfil our agreement with you.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data for purpose 3 is to comply with our legal obligations, such as the bookkeeping act and tax laws.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data for purpose 4 is your consent. You may at any time withdraw your consent by contacting us.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data for purpose 5 is your legitimate interest in enabling your access to our site, presenting relevant products and content to you and giving you a pleasant user experience. For some activities, we may obtain your consent.
Your personal data may be converted into aggregated data to produce statistical research and reports. Such data will be anonymous.
How long do we store your personal data?
- We retain data to the extent required by law, such as tax/accounting/bookkeeping laws (normally five years).
- We retain data such as contact data, order data and communication data to the extent relevant for limitation periods for potential claims (five years after date of a purchase). We may also retain your data for more than 5 years if there are outstanding payments or active legal disputes.
- When relying on consent, we retain your personal data for as long as you have consented to the processing for the specific purposes.
Where do we store your personal data?
We store your personal data on systems located within the European Economic Area (EEA). Your data may also be stored on servers located outside the EEA. If your personal data is transferred to countries outside the EEA, we will adopt appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy, such as by means of the U standard contractual clauses or by ensuring that the recipient is Privacy Shield certified.
Transfer of your personal data
We use subcontractors to process your personal data (sub-processors). We may also transfer your personal data to third party service providers. Categories of recipients are:
- Booking and purchasing service providers
- Accounting service providers
- Marketing, sales and analytics service providers
- IT services providers
We may share your personal data with companies within the The Arctic Travel Company Group. We have entered into data processing agreements with all subcontractors that process personal data on behalf of us, including subcontractors located outside EEA.
NECESSARY COOKIES. Cookies necessary for basic functions on our website, such as security and network management, to save your session, enable you to log in to your account, setting of language, currency preferences, fill out forms, or place orders.
ANALYTICS COOKIES. Cookies to enable us to monitor and analyze your web traffic to keep track of your user behavior and create statistics.
REMARKETING COOKIES. Cookies to provide you relevant marketing based on relevant parameters, such as your behavior on our site. This activity is performed by tracking usage data and by using cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
Our legal basis for using cookies that contain personal information is GDPR article 6 (1) (f): our legitimate interest in customizing your experience on our websites. If you have accepted the use of targeted cookies for advertising, our basis for using such cookies is the GDPR article 6 (1) (a): your active, opt-in consent.
Your privacy rights
When we collect and process personal data about you have the following privacy rights:
- Right to information. You have the right to obtain further information on our use of your personal data.
- Right of access. You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete, such as by changing your details on your account.
- Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request the erasure of your data if we do no longer need them.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data. You have the right to request that we suspend our use of your personal data.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data that you have provided to us in a format that enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may also have the right to have your personal data transferred directly from us to such organisation.
- Right to object to processing of personal data. You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, such as to unsubscribe to marketing emails.
- Right to prevent automated decision making. You have the right not to be subject to automated decision making (such as automated credit scoring).
If you think that we have not processed your personal data in accordance with the data protection legislation, you have the right to file a complaint to your local data protection supervisory authority. In Norway, the relevant authority is Datatilsynet. We hope that you contact us first, so that we can provide answers and correct any misunderstandings.
How can you contact us?
If you want further information about how we process your personal data or wish to use any of your privacy rights, please contact us via email: email@example.com.
You may also contact us by using the following contact information:
THE NORWEGIAN TRAVEL COMPANY (org nr: 924 366 869)
PB 242, Sjøgata 8 | 9008 Tromsø | NORWAY
Tel: +47 77 71 01 00